Saturday, December 15, 2018

Florida December


The holidays are always busy with delightful scurrying around; however, my soul requires quiet to restore and refocus.  Sometimes those moments are few and I must search for them.  MaoMao on the other hand is always napping and restoring his energies...especially at Christmas time when he needs all his strength for redecorating the Christmas tree on a daily basis.  


A very sweet friend of mine lost her sweet Mama recently.  Her Mama was a quilter and loved fabric.  My friend brought me a tin case full of Chocolate Moda fabric by 3 Sisters.  After drying my eyes, thinking about her sweet family, I sat down and tried to think of what I could do.  I have this idea formulating somewhere in the creative side of my brain...I will make a quilt in her Mama's honor and donate it.  I have a pretty good idea how I want to donate it, but that'll be another story for another day...


 I started thinking what pattern should I use.  My favorite is the Dresden, but I wanted to do something a little different.  After much Pinteresting, I decided on a Double Irish Chain with a Star.  I couldn't find a pattern for it.  I've made a Double Irish chain before, but I put Dresden plates instead of a star.  The star was a bit more challenging, but after much sketching and multiplying and measuring, I found a nice fit.  My son came in while I was working and while he liked my sketching, his eyes got big and he scratched his head at my math and measuring skills.  lol


So here I am, this wonderfully, rainy Saturday morning...watching the sky and getting ready to do a little Irish quilting...
-April @ Little Mama Hen

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your stories as much as looking at your artistic quilts. Genius in both areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the gifted fabric. Great pattern choice.

    ReplyDelete

My Best Friend Life is a wonderful opportunity to explore and cling to what makes you happy.  His love is constant and steady, nothing I'...