Friday, June 8, 2012

Little Ladybug's Teacher

Teacher's Quilt

I did it!  Today is my Little Ladybug's last day of Kindergarten and I finished the quilt for her teacher!  Talk about last minute, I was trimming threads this very morning. Little Ladybug's teacher has been such a great influence in her life.  She loves her teacher very much.  So what's a Mama to do, but  love what her daughter loves.  

I started this quilt months ago.  It didn't really have a home intended when I started it; I  just liked the colors.  I had been at my local quilt shop and saw the lovely aqua/turquoise colors calling out to me.  It was just a few scrap remnants in a bin.  I saw an easy tutorial video for pinwheels by Missouri Star Quilt Co.  The pattern fit well with the fabrics I had chosen.   I'm going to link up over at AmyLouWho and Confessions of a Fabric Addict  and Pieceful Lifeand browse around to see what you all are up to.  

Happy Friday, find something funny and share it with someone just to hear their beautiful laughter. April -  Little Mama Hen


9 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do this pattern..one day!

    I love that you made this for your daughter's teacher. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt. Lucky teacher :) Thanks for the link, I'm putting this on my list to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love windmills and pinwheels :-) Gorgeous quilt! Avis x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is really striking! I love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finish! I love the little squares in the boarder :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky teacher - they're going to be fighting to have your little girl in 1st grade. I love the border accents. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice...teachers are so special...Thank you for re-enforcing your daughter's love

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt, and it will be well loved, I'm sure! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

My Best Friend Life is a wonderful opportunity to explore and cling to what makes you happy.  His love is constant and steady, nothing I'...