Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Little Dresses for Africa


Well, as I continue working through my List for May, I am reminded that I don't really do well with Lists.  I find myself doing every other craft imaginable, except what I wrote down to do!  However, I am still working on it. One of my favorite items to accomplish is for a charity called Little Dresses for Africa.  I found this charity last year when I was looking for a tutorial on Pillowcase dresses.   Nancy, from the website Nancy's Notions gives a wonderful video tutorial on how to make a pillowcase dress with yardage.  She includes a PDF pattern too.  I loved making the dresses and I can only hope that it inspires you to try one too.  Whether your dress is for your own little princess or for one thousands of miles away, it's a wonderful and quick project for summertime!!  Happy Sewing.  Little Mama Hen.


WIP

On another item, I'm still working on it!  This is a quilt that I'm making for Ladybug's Kindergarten teacher.  Her teacher has really inspired a spirit of learning, fairness,  and good citizenship with my little Ladybug.  She loves her teacher so much and I really want to do something special for her.  Hopefully, I will complete it before the end of the school year, just a few weeks away!!!!  I love the brown and aqua, such a pretty contrast.  Now, go find something fun to do!  I think I'll go check on my two sleeping cutie pies; that's always a highlight for me.  :)  Little Mama Hen.


Linking up over at
Quilting by the River

6 comments:

  1. I love the striped sashing fabric in your pinwheel quilt, what a great idea! I guess I can really be stuck in my box sometimes, I usually think of solids for sashing. I love the effect of your stripes :)

    thanks for the dress links - I will need to check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! you know, we're always stuck trying to find new gift ideas for kate's teachers. its especially tough now that she has multiple teachers in middle school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet dresses! I think all of us have more ideas than we can make and sometimes we get off the track....but it sure is fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quilt for the teacher! I love brown and aqua together, and pinwheels too. Cute Little Dresses! Aren't they fun to make? And for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're awesome! I know Ladybug's teacher will treasure it! Much love, stephie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt for the teacher! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

My Best Friend Life is a wonderful opportunity to explore and cling to what makes you happy.  His love is constant and steady, nothing I'...