Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Tennessee Bound

Have I mentioned that I homeschool?  Best decision ever.  One of the perks of homeschooling is that time off is flexible and school can be taken with you.  My eldest, Ladybug, made sure all of her work was done, before we headed to Tennessee.  My youngest, Mountain Goat, was not so focused.  But to be fair, he did get sick a week before and was a little behind on his work.  We packed up and headed to Happy Valley, Mountain Goat's Math work included!

We were hoping to see a little snow, and we did...a little.  But who cares when you're in a gorgeous cabin with a mountain view.  We ate, laughed, hiked, and sat around the camp fire all...week...long!  It passed way to quick.

I wanted to finish up my Swedish Grandma Quilt Project before Christmas, so I packed her up and she came along.  It was really a sweet way to finish her up, surrounded by laughter, games, and joy.  Now she's ready to be packed up with her twin and given to two very sweet sisters.  I will miss working on them, but I'm so happy to have brought them to completion.

I'm usually the photographer in our family.  However, my daughter has been taking photos since we gave her one some seven years ago.  So cute to see a 4 year old's perspective...feet, legs, and a few butt shots, what do you expect, that was her eye level.  lol  She's in middle school now and took an online photography class and whoa...she's amazing!!  Of course, she always amazes me.  She's so sweet and quiet with this HUGE personality and talent just bursting from within her.  You only get to fully enjoy my little Ladybug and all her glory if you're patient and quiet.  It's like waiting for the sun to rise, just sit quietly and with time she'll shine so bright and strong...so full of hope and adventure.


My husband is also a pretty amazing photographer.  He denies any form of accomplishment in art, but boy is he wrong.  He's so full of amazing artistic talent; it amazes me that he doesn't see it...he doesn't seem to grasp how talented he is.  He catches moments and makes them so lovely.


My Mountain Goat, hasn't displayed a fascination, with photography like his sister; however, being the only extrovert in the family, he pretty much runs the roost.  ;)

Until Later,
Little Mama Hen.


1 comment:

My Best Friend Life is a wonderful opportunity to explore and cling to what makes you happy.  His love is constant and steady, nothing I'...