Saturday, October 12, 2013

Double Irish Chain and Some Fries


 Working a little on my Double Irish Chain today.  I'll give you one guess of what I plan on filling that white space with...Dresdens??  why yes!  I can't wait!

Of course, quilting always makes me hungry, but I don't always want sweets.  I often crave salt.  It's a good thing that I'm healthy with low blood pressure and good cholesterol readings, because I love some salt!  I remember when I was little kids use to talk about how they'd sneak a cookie or some sugar from the sugar bowl, but I always went for the salt shaker.  I'd just sprinkle a little in my hand and enjoy!  Anyway, I have finally just about perfected potato fries.  But I don't really fry them, I bake them.  I cut the potato into thick circles and then slice to make long chunks.  Leave the skin on!!  It's a great source of potassium!  I spray them a little with PAM and sprinkle them with some Emerils Chicken Rub and Mortons Season All.  I arrange them on a pan covered with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes!  I like using Red Potatoes but you can really use any kind.  What do you cook when quilting?



Today was slightly cooler for us!  We were able to sit outside and enjoy the weather!  Hope your weekend is full of good weather, yummy food, and of course some good ole quilting.  :) -Little Mama Hen

Sharing at
Crazy Mom Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty fabrics in your quilt....and you have made me want fries!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Irish Chain it is so pretty. I make our fries the same way but vary the seasoning. We also like sweet potato fries again with the skin on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make those...we call them "Mojos" for some reason (honestly, I don't know where the name came from!). And what a great idea to applique dresdens into the double irish chain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh! this is so pretty, and the dresdens will look great in that white space!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

My Best Friend Life is a wonderful opportunity to explore and cling to what makes you happy.  His love is constant and steady, nothing I'...